Ethos and Values Statement
Living out our Christian values, we work together to create an environment that provides opportunities for all to achieve their best.
Our Mission Statement
Our intention is that all children, regardless of language, faith or culture, should feel valued as individuals.
As a Christian and community school, we are in a position to offer a firm foundation for a more just multicultural society.
We regard all children as being of equal value and our aim is to show by our curriculum, attitudes and values that cultural diversity is welcome in our school. Our intention is that all children, regardless of language, faith or culture, should feel valued as individuals.
Our Christian Values statements
At St. Andrew's, we are a school community that loves and cares.
We do this by:
- Supporting each other to achieve our best
- Being friends and respecting everyone else
- Forgiving and being forgiven when we are sorry
- Having fun and celebrating success
Our School Aims
- to ensure that the curriculum enables children to grow in knowledge, skills and understanding
- to build Christian values into the ethos and teaching without exerting any pressure to believe
- to encourage the spiritual and moral development of the whole school community
- to encourage the active involvement of its foundation governors and local clergy
- to build sympathetic and constructive relationships between home, parish and school, which provide preparation for the pupil’s entry into the wider community
- to show concern and care for all the teaching staff, non-teaching staff and parents, as well as pupils
- to develop a positive attitude and respect for the school buildings and its environment.