Pupil Sport Premium
To assist the delivery of high-quality PE and sport, each primary school receives £16,000 per year, plus an additional £10 per pupil from Y1 - Y6.
For St. Andrew’s this meant £19,253 in the academic year 2022/23. Our total spend for the year was £28,189.
Our Pupil Sport Premium spend had five key aims:
- to engage all pupils in regular physical activity
- to raise the profile of Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity (PESSPA) across the school
- to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- to provide a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- to increase participation in competitive sport
We continued to provide sports coaches at lunchtime to offer physical activity opportunities for each class. Manchester City also continued their partnership with us during the year, offering sports coaching to the children as well as other workshops including: disability awareness and mental health awareness.
A full evaluation of the impact of how the funding was spent can be found